Rear Deck Hangers


The corrado, along with other early A2 hatchbacks, has a rear deck. These are suspended by pliable rubber straps. Eventually, the adverse conditions, sun, and age all take their toll on the rubber straps.

Every Corrado I've encountered (And Golfs too) have broken hangers so the rear deck does not lift when one lifts the rear hatch.

The replacements are only a few bucks at the dealer but then one has to do this again a few years down the road.

I solved this once and for all by going to my local home improvement store and purchasing vinyl coated steel braided cable. The crimp on aluminum ends make for nice custom looking terminations and allows me to attach it to the rear deck. This will never be a problem again.
It is a permanent fix for only a few bucks.

Comments

Unknown said…
I just happened to stumble upon your page and I must say it is great to hear from older Corrado owners. You have a lot of good information here that has been lost along the way, and that I haven't come across during my years of Corrado restoration. Keep up the good work, and keep posting more tricks.