Indirect projects

One issue that has been looming over my project (Literally!) is that my garage door was falling apart. Since neither of my two project cars in the garage were rolling chassis, door replacement had been delayed for years. 
I feared that it would someday collapse on top of my car projects. So the progress made these past couple months have reached rolling chassis condition allowing me to push the cars on their own wheels. This enabled me to proceed with the garage door replacement. 
Mesa Garage door inspected the condition of the present door, my garage door opener and provided an assessment. At first glance, the contractor immediately identified the make and model of my garage door opener based on the damage to my existing door. He recommended replacing the motor or make modifications to the new door to prevent a similar mishap. 
Alas, my 1947 garage isn't standard and is four inches shorter than a standard door. This would require custom fabrication of panels at the factory. I also opted to get the Delrin wheels with cartridge bearings which would make for a smoother rolling door and less stress on the motor. 

This also encouraged me to clean and organize the garage! Something I've hesitated to do. What a great motivator.
The installer came by the following week and removed the old door. Then replaced all of the tracks, springs, and seals. The installation is perfect and makes the working conditions for my VWs more tolerable. 

Mesa Garage Door did the work and have indirectly contributed to the progress of the Endless Corrado G60 Project. 

Comments