Unintentional Progress



This overhaul has taken years to accomplish. Slow progress creates it's own challenges such as losing fastening hardware or simply forgetting how something is assembled or where something plugs in. It's not always obvious.

This weekend I had intended to do some other home improvement projects at the cabin. I've got some large projects that need to be done before winter arrives (Which is closing in fast)

But a failed project at work put me in a precarious position. I had to remain available and near a phone and an online computer --which does is not possible up in the remote mountains.

So while working on the phone, I ended up spending two very productive days under the hood of the Corrado. Most things worked out well. I replaced all of the belts and cleaned up all of the pulleys. I happily discovered that I had already replaced the spark plugs, distributor cap,and rotor, and installed a fresh Mann Oil filter and filled the crankcase with Mobil One Full Synthetic Oil. I also filled the radiator with a 1:1 mixture of anti-freeze and distilled water. No leaks! That's a good sign.

I did however discover that my Optima battery did not survive the hybernation. I attempted to recharge it only to discover my charger indicates a fault with the battery. Too bad, these are expensive. I've ordered a custom mounting bracket for the battery mount. Ill clean up the wires in anticipation of the battery replacement. I'll get into the brakes in a later post. And I still have to reassemble the interior and work on the spoiler motor.

So what turned out to be an on-call weekend turned into a productive one for the Endless Corrado Project. Next week, I'll finish up the new Brakes and add oil to the Transmission.


Comments