Bahn Brenner Billet Aluminum Fuel Rail for the G60

Bahn Brenner Fuel Rail for the G60
The fueling system on the PG motor is adequate for a majority of street applications. On my particular Corrado, I've reached 179,000 miles with no issues to the OEM Fuel delivery system. Fuel is fed to this rail under pressure and each fuel injector is attached to this rail. Each fuel injector is activated with precise intensity and timing by an engine management system known as Digifant.
As with most things, these items are aging and are worth considering replacement. I could possibly replace these items with OEM replacements if they are still available--this is unlikely.

Fuel Pressure Regulator mount
Bahn Brenner -- one of the few remaining tuners still dedicated to making performance products for the G60 motor still makes a replacement fuel rail made from Billet Aluminum. Like other plastic items on the the Corrado I've replaced, this is one of those preventive considerations before I experience a materials failure in this high pressure system.

The BBM fuel rail is a direct replacement for the original fuel rail. The Bosch fuel pressure regulator installs directly on the end just like the original. The fuel injectors fit into each nozzle with OEM seals with no modifications.

Room for improvement
The OEM Fuel rail has a feed nozzle and a return on the passenger side of the rail. The after run nozzle is on the drivers side. In contrast, the BBM Fuel rail relocates the feed nozzle to the other end of the rail on the drivers side. The idea behind this design change is to have fuel flow in one direction therefore causing less internal cavitation and possibly more efficient fuel delivery to each individual injector.

However, my particular G60 has an additional fitting for an after-run sensor. The BBM Fuel rail does not have an accommodation for this fitting. I believe this is because some of the later model G60s did not incorporate this after run sensor. So in order for me to use the BBM, I will need to make the necessary modifications. To achieve this, I needed several AN fittings and adapters. I would need to find fittings which would orient the nozzles in directions which would allow me to manage the high pressure fuel lines under the hood. To achieve this task, I visited a local speed shop that carried a plethora of AN fittings and adapters. As I began to examine the collections of fittings one of the salespeople encouraged me by telling me its much like "assembling a puzzle". Knowing this, I approached this more as a research project because I didn't know what was going to address my particular needs. After spending an hour examining the different combinations of fittings, I decided to purchase four separate items that in combination, would address the necessary fittings on Project G60.  A 180 degree fitting would allow me to reduce the bend in the fuel hose leading to the fuel rail and a "T" fitting allows me to accomodate the after run sensor. 
AN Fittings necessary to accomodate the After Idle switch
One thing to note in opting to utilize the BBM fuel rail is that the area near the intake manifold experiences very high temperatures under normal operation. The billet aluminum will store heat. I've never heard of any detrimental performance issues as a result so I think this will function fine. But it is notable that this will get hot to the touch while in operation.
Billet Aluminum Fuel Rail

The BBM Fuel rail isn't really a performance enhancement for Endless Corrado G60 Project. I don't expect to get any increase in performance or horsepower by incorporating it into my engine.  But it does offer me an opportunity to replace the aging injectors and seals as well as some of the fuel lines. This is more of a proactive replacement to prevent a potentially dangerous failure in the high pressure system. One benefit that I have not yet mentioned is that the BBM Fuel rail looks really good under the hood. 

Bahn Brenner products can be found here

Comments