Interior bling - Carbon Shifter Console

When I bought this Corrado many years ago, there were lots of items that were worn and needed replacement. However, budget and necessity made some repairs low priority. One of those was the shifter boot which had holes in it. Furthermore, the leather was cracked and faded. But I was more focused on mechanical reliability rather than internal vanity items. Furthermore, replacement shifter boots were quite expensive back when these cars were current models. 

Now that these cars have aged and are no longer at the forefront of accessories, I've found genuine leather replacement boots for affordable prices. 

Years ago, my brother dabbled with hand laid carbon fiber and carbon kevlar. He made vacuum bucks and did a few items simply out of curiosity. Carbon fiber and kevlar items have now advanced with accurate reproductions of many items. So when I endeavored to replace the shifter boot, I dug back into my part bin and pulled out a few of those old hand laid carbon items my brother created years ago. 

The carbon kevlar is more cohesive with the Nugget Yellow of the Endless Corrado Project. But the carbon fiber shifter console cover plate also looks pretty contemporary. 

By today's standard, these are quite crude but considering these were done more than 15 years ago is still quite impressive. I still don't think anyone makes these so its still quite exclusive to have one. And it dresses up the interior of the Endless Corrado project. 

Carbon Fiber
I can't make up my mind which one looks better--Carbon Kevlar or Carbon Fiber. 
Carbon Kevlar
With the brand new leather shifter boot and the Momo Shift knob, the interior had a custom flair that simply adds a bit of contemporary individuality. That's what these cars are about--isn't it?


Comments