Street Legal - Once again

 

In 2013, I had posted about how the car was finally registered. I'd met all of the legal requirements, passed the stringent CA smog test, and paid the fees. The tags and the registration card arrived in the mail shortly afterwards. I paid for the insurance and drove the car. 

That was a short lived experience and soon after the head gasket failure, I once again relegated the car to "Non Operational" status. So here we are once again eight years later. I've done all of the legal business and paid to have the car insured once again. So yesterday I received the tags and the insurance card. 

I've been tying up some loose ends and finding more things that need to be done. All of the vents are broken, the sun roof needs to be fixed, and I'm finding more wires that are about to fall apart. This is par for the course for the Endless Corrado project. 

I'm going to have some new keys cut. There is only one original key and it's seen better days. I had one of the "Pill" keys made but I just don't see the attraction or the function in them. As a matter of fact, that little cover gets in the way most of the time. 


But I drove it, did some errands, and got groceries from the local market in the small hatchback coupe. Compared to my other vehicles, it doesn't hold very much in the back. But it made the trip into an adventure. 


Back in 2013, I took out the single DIN Alpine stereo and installed it in another vehicle. It is astounding how different the car audio market is today. Going to have to reinstall something to fill that big hole in the dashboard. I'd like to use the G60 for some of my long treks to the office.  I usually make the long 80 mile drive once a week. This COVID quarantine will end at some point and I'll be making the drive more frequently. I'd like to use the Corrado on some of those trips. 

Comments