Corrado Artwork

Click on image to enlarge

 Years ago, I admired this Corrado Illustration created by David Kimble. These technical illustrations were very popular in the printed magazines during that era. At the time, I subscribed to every European Car magazine imaginable. I saw this illustration in one of those magazines. And I believe it was also for sale as a poster --but I couldn't afford to buy it at the time.

Fast forward to present day, I attempted to discover if this artwork was still available. Unfortunately, this art piece is no longer available. 

However, I stumbled across a graphics file of this illustration on a picture hosting site where photographers host digital artwork. I was able to download a copy of the file. It appeared to contain sufficient depth and detail to convert it into a full size print. 

So I sent the file to my good friend, Roman Ruiz at Perfect Circle Design.  He enhanced the image and prepared it to be printed. He then sent it to one of his printers to commit the graphic to high quality photographic paper. 

The resulting piece is roughly 24" x 30" in size. 

He then had the final piece matted and framed. 

It turned out better than I had expected. 

The artwork now proudly resides on the wall in my office.

Comments